Dog sleeping with you? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dog sleeping with you?

Dogs never sleep in beds or on the couches in my home. While I love the family pets, I can't tolerate their smells on surfaces I use on a regular basis.
    I also believe that training is easier if the dog knows his place in the pack, and I feel that allowing them on the bed elevates their social status.

Sagemother, I can see what you mean. I love my pets very much but they do not go in the bedrooms or on the beds. They have very comfortable beds of their own. I just don't want to share my bed and I don't want my bedroom covered in pet hair.

Yes!. Dogs really loved sleeping in the place where they are comfortable, and typically for all the dogs sleep with their owners.
    See more information about vets swale here.

Our shih tzu - poodle Fluffy sleeps with my son. They've been buddies since he was still a pup. When we had Hummer, a labrador retriever, we thought it would be best if he doesn't join them as it may cause some agitation and aggression. Hummer is happy to be sleeping on his own bed at night.

We had our first female pup sleep with us during her first few months. She's with us for almost 5 years. Occasionally, we have her sleep with us. But most of the times, we can't stand her smell (especially when it's been a long time since her bath). If she wants to always sleep with us, she should learn to love taking a bath haha

No, my dogs don't sleep with me as they have their own bed. But I think there's nothing wrong with letting your pet sleep beside you. I actually find it pretty cool as it symbolizes that we really treat them as part of our family!
    Last edited by It'sBoomer; 10-19-2016 at 07:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234