Dog sleeping with you?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dog sleeping with you?

Dog sleeping with you?

I was just curious about how many of you let your dogs sleep with you? Both of our labs sleep with us the whole night. It can be a bit crowded, but we love it, lol.

Oh yeah! Always and forever. I grew up with a beagle in my bed and over the years, I've had as many as three on the bed at the same time. Love it!

My cats sleep on the bed with me. The dogs sleep on pads on the floor next to the bed.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

4. Remove Advertisements

I've done it with Shar-Peis in the past but I don't do it with Rocky or Jasper. Rocky because he sleeps with my teenager & Jasper because he's too short to jump up on the bed by himself & because he sleeps with the little ones. One of my cats sleeps with me most of the night, the others are usually somewhere in the room too.

LOL, well now, no one in this house sleeps all night on the bed with us. There are mattresses and duvets on the floor for the dogs. When it is really hot, the boxers sleep downstairs, we have a ceiling fan in the main room and we leave that on for them all night. I do miss Roddy's snoring though - lol, but when it is hot, the upstairs bedroom seems to get stiffling hot and both the boxers just pant and pant and no one gets any sleep at all - most times I end up getting up about 2 or 3 in the morning and showering them down! Far easier for us all to let them sleep downstairs. I swear Jakey sleepwalks - lol, we leave the bedroom door open and he seems to spend much of the night sleeping here then wandering round and sleeping there. In the morning, all the dogs get on the bed for cuddle time - best way to start the day!

Absolutely not, they all have their own beds and their own space. I don't allow any of my animals into the bedrooms. It is bad enough with my husband stealing all the duvet without animals pushing me out of bed!

No, my dog doesn't sleep with me, she has her own bed but she usually sleeps with the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Absolutely not, they all have their own beds and their own space. I don't allow any of my animals into the bedrooms. It is bad enough with my husband stealing all the duvet without animals pushing me out of bed!
    I know what you mean, lol. I don't know why our two dogs sleep the whole night with us. They just act like that's where they are supposed to sleep. The two dogs that we had before them (both of whom passed away from old age and cancer) would jump up on the bed for some petting when we went to bed but as soon as we stopped petting they got down and slept elsewhere. Not these two. Jasmine sleeps above our heads on our pillows and Nicole sleeps toward the foot of the bed.

We have a cat that venture upstairs to meow outside our bedroom door asking for his breakfast - at 5.30am!!

We have a pack of 7, and only one is less than 100lbs (my Boxer) so if all of them slept with us, it would be a disaster! But, two of them do every night, and then we alternate a third. I just can't imagine them not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast