Fraps?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bellasmum
  • 1 Post By Syn

Thread: Fraps?

Fraps?

Hi, have been looking on net and have found FRAPS Fenetic random activity period, which describes Buddys antics in the evening in detail/Figure of 8 zooming around,and really wild.Has anyone else heard of it, alsocalled ZOOMING . Evidently its normal behaviour for pups, some even do it AFTER a walk.Poor Buddy doesnt even know his name when it happens.I do feel better now I know its common, but wasnt so happy that last night performance went on from 11pm until 12.30 a.m.!
    GISUHO likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Its not just a puppy thing. All healthy happy dogs zoom from time to time. My 6yo Dane, Thor, still zooms. 11yo Dane, Abby rarely zooms anymore but she is so old she can barely move. Both of them used to zoom together every day. Some breeds like herding dogs need to zoom for an hour or more every day. It's like a spring winds up in them and you have to release the tension. I've never heard zooming called FRAPS.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

No, I have never heard of FRAPS either, interesting. My last dog a collie x she used to zoom around when she got excited - if she saw I was getting ready to take her out for a walk for instance, she would tear around up and down the stairs about 7-8 times. My boxers have mad moments too were they zoom around like they are possessed, but as they are middle aged they don't last too long.

5. Remove Advertisements

I've never heard of this either, but glad to hear it now because I have a 3 year old Beagle/Whippet? that does this about once a week after she and my rottie have a play time... It's hilarious becuase she seems to love it and completely "looses her mind" for about 1 minute (we live in a ranch home and she spins in the living room, then tears up the hallway, back and starts all over again). It's great fun to watch, but our Rottie, Thor, just steps back and looks at her like she's crazy - he gets out of the way so he won't get buldozed!

Syn
    My blue heeler would do that, never knew what it was called.

I could see it building up towards evening when it was cooling down. I would put my finger at the base of his tail, he would turn in circles like I was winding him up. I would tuck all body parts into a ball on a hay bale, and watch the show. He even tried at the rip old age of 22yrs, deaf and mostly blind. Just not as fast or as far. But he still had that crazy happy face when he touched down to earth again.
    GISUHO likes this.
    women and cats will do as they please,
    men and dogs need to get used to the fact.

Not heard of this term before, but all of my dogs have done this, usually as puppies and during early evening. I used to liken it to the fairground ride 'the wall of death'.

My rescue dog still does this when she is happy, usually when she has been for a dip in the sea or river. Watching her speed round the beach creases us up. Perfect;ly normal happy behaviour, don't worry about it.

Briar, my mini wire-hared Dachsie does this - we call it the Zoomies, or 'crackerdog'. She's just a puppy and may grow out of it, but frankly I hope she doesn't!

Kate and the K9s

Frapping, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by bellasmum View Post
    Hi, have been looking on net and have found FRAPS Fenetic random activity period, which describes Buddys antics in the evening in detail/Figure of 8 zooming around,and really wild.Has anyone else heard of it, alsocalled ZOOMING . Evidently its normal behaviour for pups, some even do it AFTER a walk.Poor Buddy doesnt even know his name when it happens.I do feel better now I know its common, but wasnt so happy that last night performance went on from 11pm until 12.30 a.m.!
    Oh yes, happy, energetic dogs of all ages like to Frap! They're so funny! Tale tucked, pirouettes, 8's, whatever. They are just blowing off steam. They do do it less as they grow older but I think it's good for them.

That said....11pm is NOT when you want to see frapping for sure. He is clearly needing more exercise outside in the evening. (yeah I know, that's when we REALLY don't want to.) Maybe a treadmill? Leash free park? But don't try to stop him right away, they really need this outlet.
    I would think maybe a half hour is tops. Apparently he doesn't sleep in a crate?
    Believe it or not, sometimes ' lavender calms dogs down too
    Good luck,
    Lori

I found them, thanks! This is great work, and will save me a lot of effort.
    riham

A walk coupled with a dog treadmill is the way to go. The added consistency of using the 2 together will be enough to tire your dog out, and give your dog something to look forward to. I really do not know why more dog owners do not have these in their home. These guys offer sales constantly https://dogtreadmillhill.com

+ Reply to Thread