Biting 5 month old boxer puppy
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biting 5 month old boxer puppy

Biting 5 month old boxer puppy

i just need some advice.i have a male 5 month old boxer puppy that thinks that he is charge. He has bitten me many times. When i get out of his cage to to let him out to go to the bathroom when i get home from work. He also likes to jump up on people or when i get home from work he will jump on me and bite me he will leave teeth marks along with very bad bruising. What can I do to get him to stop this and get him under control now before he gets to be a adult dog? Picture is attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements

Hi there!
    I don't know what have you already tried, so I'll start with basics.
    Learn more about this issue here.

Key here is to figure out why the behavior occurs - is he being bossy, are his teeth growing, is he trying to play this way?
    Depending on that, you either have to exhaust the dog a bit more with other activities (walks, games) so he doesn't need to ventilate the energy this way, or you can try to provide other object to chew (this applies to those who are toothing), you can try to train him with positive reinforcement (more in the article), or you can just show him that this is not appropriate game (avoid any games involving biting).

You need to control him or need to strict with him to do stop that bite habit of your boxer puppy.

+ Reply to Thread