peeing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: peeing

peeing

Hi there,

My 11 year old aussie/catahoola mix will pee and poop on my sons bed then leave. I keep my doors shut but the second it is open she runs and pees and poops then runs out. She will go outside as well, but she makes sure to go there if she gets the chance.

is there a way to stop this behavior in an old dog?

2. Remove Advertisements

If you are at home, close the door, supervise her and look out her behaviors (ready to pee/poo). Once she goes to open the door, educate her that is not an appropriate behavior (with an angry tone). And walk her outsides immediately. Repeat it, I think she will realize her error.
    If you are going to leave home, remember to lock the door of your son's room instead of just closing.

My dog also pees, but not poops, in an inappropriate place. And it's always the same place - next to where my wife usually sits on our sofa. Could this be like a passive aggressive move by the dog?

5. Remove Advertisements

Generally, an adult dog needs a potty break up to eight hours, but senior dogs (age eight and up) can hold the pee/poo from two to six hours, depending on her size and health. So she may go potty more frequently than before. Here are two advice:
    1. Close or lock the room doors and observe her behavior. Once she attempts to open the door, you should bring her outside for a break. Also, regulate the feeding time and limit the mealtime, which can help to shape a good potty habit, but it could be hard to a senior dog. Here some tips to potty train your pup. (https://www.supportdogcertification....in-service-dog)

2. See your vet for a checkup. To exclude other health problems such as renal diseases, you could bring your pup to the vet for a detailed examination. Read on to learn more about common ailments in senior dogs. (https://www.petmd.com/dog/slideshows...or-senior-dogs)

Hope these suggestions can help you!

That is a serious problem or a behavior issue. Let her train well with training instructor.

+ Reply to Thread