New dog versus old dog
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New dog versus old dog

Unhappy New dog versus old dog

We adopted a 1 yr old doberman a couple of weeks ago and also have a 6 yr. yorkie, my problem is that the dobie is still very young and wants the yorkie to play with her and i'm afraid she is to rough for the yorkie. The Yorkie also does not want to play. We cannot get the dobie to leave him alone. What can I do to train her to not bark and mess with the yorkie? I'm afraid she may hurt him playing to rough.

2. Remove Advertisements

Dogs are a lot tougher than people think. I doubt the pup will hurt the yorkie. The much older yorkie will probably be able to put the pup in his place when she needs it. It sounds like he is tolerating her now. The time will come whn he tires of her and will put her in her place.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Tolerating

He does seem to tolerate it some, but also puts her in her place at times. My concern is the dobie doesnt realize her strength or size yet and may hurt him.

+ Reply to Thread