8 Month Bichon keeps laying on the couch!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8 Month Bichon keeps laying on the couch!

Exclamation 8 Month Bichon keeps laying on the couch!

Seriously, I love my dog, but I really hate the fact she goes on the couches, she's 8 months old, and she is just a wild puppy, I have been using the spray to keep her away from it, and DOES NOT WORK, we keep telling her "GET DOWN/OFF THE COUCH or BED" and nothing works, she thinks we're playing, but NOOOOOOO!, She's out of control and I don't know how to teach her that Couch is not for her, And that she has her own place to be, she doesn't listen at aLL!!!! HELP!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Viry,you will have to first train him to not jump on the couch at any time, day or night. Confining him to a crate or another room works well, but you must watch out: dogs consider a sofa to be the next best thing to a couch. Provide a dog bed or blanket that fills his need for a comfortable night's sleep. If his issue is that he misses your companionship, give him a few extra-special "good night" toys to distract him from loneliness. The final step is teaching your dog where he should sleep at night. When you remove a behavior from your dog's repertoire — whether it's digging, barking, or jumping on the bed — you're creating a hole in his routine. If you don't fill the hole with something you want him to do, he'll replace it with something equally entertaining to him. So if you only teach him not to jump on the couch at night, he may decide to hop up on another couch. So you have to obstruct your dog for not to go to any couch in your house by locking doors.

+ Reply to Thread