Getting rid of bad smells
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of bad smells

Getting rid of bad smells

Megan loves to roll especially if she can find fox poo to roll in. It seems to be her favourite perfume but it stinks the house out and even after a bath the smell still lingers. How do you get rid of bad smells?

2. Remove Advertisements

I have no dogs but with my cats I use baking soda and vinegar to get rid of the smells in the house. Baking soda in the litter box and vinegar to clean them with.

Baking soda ... spread it out on the carpet, let it settle a bit, and vacuum it up.

5. Remove Advertisements

I don't have carpet Orrymain, we have wooden and tiled floors. My problem is getting the smell off the dog. I bath her and use lots of shampoo but there is still a lingering fox smell and it isn't nice.

I don't know how to get rid of it. I have had to cope with the smell of fox once or twice in the past, I found a deodorising shampoo at the pet store, but I know what you mean, that musky smell lingers for ages.

I've never had to deal with fox poo but I did have to deskunk a dog (& idiot brother) once. Yeah, it wasn't much fun... Have you tried rubbing her all over with baking soda? I don't know if it would be best to do before or after shampooing her but it could be worth a try.

I have never tried that phoenyxstarr. I assume it would be best done after the bath when she was clean and dry, but I am just a bit worried that she would lick herself and the baking soda could harm her?

Kernow, I do not think that once the dog has gotten the baking soda in their mouths they will continue to lick since it tastes so bad. I could be wrong but I know I would not want to lick myself if I was covered in baking soda.

I'm not too sure whether this is a good idea, depends on your dogs I guess, but have you tried bathing him or her with detergent? The one that you wash clothes in, such as Ariel.
    You would have to be sure to rinse it well out of the coat but that's what I use to clean my floors so that the smell goes away.

I think I would be cautious about some of these things because it may irritate the dog's skin and once the skin is upset it can take a long time to get it back to normal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast