Learning from experience
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill

Thread: Learning from experience

Learning from experience

We all learn from experience so is there anything that you regret doing with your dog or that you would do differently in future?

2. Remove Advertisements

In the beginning I was a very cumpulsive trainer. I used choke chains and pinch collars to force a dog to do my will. Once I learned positive reinforcement and learned how to use it 100% of the time, my whole attitude changed. I regret very much what my early dogs had to endure from me.
    Justontime likes this.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

I found out during my childhood that small dogs are not necessarily easier to train or to look after and I found out later that mongrels can often make amazing pets (looks are not everything).

5. Remove Advertisements

I learned that I should start my dogs training earlier that I have in the past. They are capable of sooo much more at such a younger age. My next puppy will benefit from my knowledge with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by appless View Post
    I learned that I should start my dogs training earlier that I have in the past. They are capable of sooo much more at such a younger age. My next puppy will benefit from my knowledge with this one.
    That is very true, it is important to start very young with a puppy, as you say they are capable of so much.

Oh, probably just not training them enough. I really don't have the patience for it.

I think that is true of many people Orrymain, it is so important to stick with it and not cut corners.

+ Reply to Thread