How much does it cost? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    The way I see it my pets are my joy, they are part of our family, I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke and I don't go out socially very often. I choose to spend my money on my pets and my family and I don't grudge a penny of it.
    LOL, same story here

2. Remove Advertisements

I think that is the most important thing Kernow. When we have pets their care and their health is our responsibility, for most of us they are part of the family and their care should be one of the highest priorities in our budget.

I've done the averages.... With the food we buy & the number of animals we have (2 dogs, 2 cats), we can safely set aside $40/month for the animals and usually have some left at the end of the year for Christmas goodies. This year, I don't think the dogs will like their goodies too much. Although their 'goodies' will be more for my enjoyment - they are gonna get fixed!

5. Remove Advertisements

I still haven't figured it out. Maybe it's because I just don't care about the expense part. I love them and I need them.

Interesting words Orrymain but absolutely right, I need my pets in my life too.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenyxstarr View Post
    I've done the averages.... With the food we buy & the number of animals we have (2 dogs, 2 cats), we can safely set aside $40/month for the animals and usually have some left at the end of the year for Christmas goodies. This year, I don't think the dogs will like their goodies too much. Although their 'goodies' will be more for my enjoyment - they are gonna get fixed!
    That is a very responsible Christmas present! I am surprised that you can manage to feed your pets on such a small sum per month, I spend a lot more than that.

It varies per doggie anyway. Add in the medical and it can be super high.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrymain View Post
    It varies per doggie anyway. Add in the medical and it can be super high.
    Yes it does depend on the size and special needs of the dog. I agree vet costs can be massive.

phoenyxstarr, I think that is a very responsible and sensible present for your dogs. I once nearly lost a dog due to a womb infection since then I have always made sure my pets were fixed, better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Yes it does depend on the size and special needs of the dog. I agree vet costs can be massive.
    I've spent thousands over the years and have no regrets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12