End of life decisions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: End of life decisions

I never make the choice lightly. I actually swore I'd never do it, but my very first dog suffered from cancer. She had many surgeries and was 14 when it reappeared again. We had her scheduled for surgery again, but the day of it, we all looked in her eyes, and I swear to you, she was saying, "I'll do this again if you want, but I'd really rather you let me go." I can't describe it, but she was tired of fighting. She'd fought so hard for years and had lived a really good life. She was just ready to go, so we let her. I guess I look in their eyes more than anything else.

2. Remove Advertisements

Orrymain I think you are right, when it comes to it you just look at your dog and you know what you have to do.

Dogs don't need words, they can speak volumes with a look. I think you usually know what to do when the time comes

5. Remove Advertisements

All the dogs i ever knew where always more then just a dog to me,Always will be.
    I've only had to end it once,(it was a horse i grew up with that got cancer) i knew it was time to say goodbye and so did he,i told him id see him again. Everybody has their way of knowing when its time,but its never easy and sometime you dont really get over it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12