Insurance?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance?

Insurance?

I would be interested to know what others think about pet insurance, what do you think is the minimum cover required?

2. Remove Advertisements

It costs way too much. I would only get it with puppies. I spend whatever it takes if my dogs get sick, but I can't afford the insurance.

It isn't just a matter of health insurance, you need liability insurance in case your dog causes harm to other people.

5. Remove Advertisements

You aren't talking about "pet insurance" you are talking about liability insurance. If you own your own home, you would be covered under the homeowners policy. It's going to be difficult if not impossible to find a "what if my dogs hurts someone" type of insurance. Some companies that sell homeowners insurance won't sell it to people who own certain breeds of dogs.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Bill in England insurance is different, we don't have home owners insurance, we have buildings insurance and contents insurance, neither would cover liability issues relating to your dog. Pet insurance usually covers liability issues as well as costs relating to a lost dog and medical costs.

Pet insurance (in uk) varies considerably. You should read reviews and comparisons before deciding what is best for you. Personally I think it is sensible to have some insurance so that you are covered for liabilities, even well trained dogs behave unexpectedly sometimes eg a hurt or frightened dog could run into the road and cause an accident.

OK, sorry I guess things are different on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

It is interesting to know that such things are different in different places, but it seems we have one thing in common - it's expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Justontime View Post
    It is interesting to know that such things are different in different places, but it seems we have one thing in common - it's expensive!
    Yeah I am glad i started coming to this forum because already i have learned so much from our members who live in other countries and its very interesting to see how different things are.. but also like you said there is one thing in common.. Expensive.

Veterinary treatment is so expensive, just keeping up with all the ordinary things is a challenge, but if a dog develops a long term illness it can be a huge burden. My mum has a dog with epilepsy and a heart problem, he also needs regular eye medication. It adds up to about £100 per month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast