In and Out
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In and Out

In and Out

Do you believe there is any danger to dogs when they go in and out from a cool house to 90+ degree temps during the summer?

2. Remove Advertisements

I have never thought about it, we don't have that problem in UK. I guess a vet could give advice on how best to deal with that situation.

Not only does the temperature rarely get as high as 90, very few houses over here in the UK have air conditioning, so as the temperature change isn't so marked. When it hits the 80's I only walk the dogs in the forests where it is cooler and shadey and where there are ponds for the dogs to run into to cool off.

5. Remove Advertisements

I thought of it because I know that on those hot days, bag carry out workers at stores and things are warned to be careful because the constant in and out at vastly different temps can make them ill. I just thought about it the other day when it was super hot out but very cool in and I wondered if it could affect the dogs, who seemed to want to go in and out a lot that day.

As Stephanie said we don't need air conditioning here, on hot summer days I am careful about choosing shady walks and I always have water for the dog with me (in one of those doggy water bottles) but it is rarely too hot here.

It could be worse. We've actually had a very mild summer. It hasn't been over 100 since July 5 which is just odd ... but I am NOT complaining.

+ Reply to Thread