Hair and Eyes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair and Eyes

Hair and Eyes

Every dog I have ever known gets a hair in their eyes, every once in a while. Having one strand resting on my eyeball drives me crazy and just seeing one in a dog's eye makes me squirm, but dogs seem oblivious.

How do you get a hair out of a dog's eye without taking then to the vet? Are there special drops that will numb the eye itself?
    Why don't dogs seem bothered by hairs in their eyes?

2. Remove Advertisements

I haven't had dogs that have had a problem with hair in their eyes, but as far as I know any matter gradually works to the corner of the eye as they blink so it should not be a problem to the dog. I would not want to mess with my dogs eyes without taking advice from the vet.

I have occasionally seen my dog rub her face on her paw as if she was rubbing her eye, but I keep her well groomed and she doesn't seem to have problems with hairs in her eyes.

5. Remove Advertisements

I haven't had this problem, either, not even with my hair shepherd-collie and golden retriever dogs.

(knock on wood)

Last edited by blackheart; 02-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Asking for a good advices from veterinaries expert maybe is the best for this issue.

I have two dogs and I get them groomed time to time from Boom Towne and I have not faced such problem until now. So I cannot comment anything about it, but if you come across anything regarding this then please share it with me as well.

+ Reply to Thread