FURminator
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FURminator

FURminator

I recently bought a FURminator and only just used it today for the first time. I was impressed, and the dogs got used to it pretty fast.

2. Remove Advertisements

I really want one for my cats. They look pretty amazing to me.

Yes I bought a FURminator last year at Crufts. I LOVE it - it works really well on Jakey's coat.

5. Remove Advertisements

Please tell me what it is? I have never heard of a FURminator.

You use it to comb your dog's fur out, which is very simplistic in description. It actually gets the undercoat and not the surface. I couldn't believe what came off my youngest dog. There's no blade so they don't get cut or anything. Search 'furminator' and you'll find a lot on the subject.
    JennTroynLuca likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrymain View Post
    You use it to comb your dog's fur out, which is very simplistic in description. It actually gets the undercoat and not the surface. I couldn't believe what came off my youngest dog. There's no blade so they don't get cut or anything. Search 'furminator' and you'll find a lot on the subject.
    i actually posted about the furminator in a different subject. i have read alot of articles that contradict each other and i just want to find out if it cuts or not. but so far everyone seems to really like theirs so i think i shall go get one ad give it a shot

Is it really loud? I know everyone was raving over those Pedi-paw things but when my mom got one for her poodle, it made so much noise that no one could stand to be in the house when she was using it in the backyard. We all went to the front yard or to the neighbors' houses. Yeah, it was that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenyxstarr View Post
    Is it really loud? I know everyone was raving over those Pedi-paw things but when my mom got one for her poodle, it made so much noise that no one could stand to be in the house when she was using it in the backyard. We all went to the front yard or to the neighbors' houses. Yeah, it was that bad...
    The furminator is just a comb and has not motor or moving parts so it makes no noise. it just combs out the fur nice on breeds that dont have curly hair like poodles or bichons

I've been using it off and on now and I like it for the most part. It really does get that undercoat. I don't get it all; the dogs still shed on the carpet, but the amount of hair I've prevented from doing that has been awesome.

At first I thought it has a blade so I kinda passed on it but when a neighbor told me about using it for several months already, I was surprised. Good thing it's not blade coz I might not be able to hold our dog still while combing the hair. I bought my Furminator last month and I'm loving it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast