Home Made Dog Food?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Made Dog Food?

Sam

Question Home Made Dog Food?

I want to get my dog in shape to train her agility, and when i read the labels of food in the pet store, i almost puked. I need things that are nutritious for my dog, not chicken bone meal and beef by product. That scares me, and i want to make my own dog food with a recipe like this:
    Ingredients:
    Chicken
    Beef
    Carrot
    Green Bean
    Egg
    Water
    Peanut Butter
    Grains
    Flour

Instructions:
    Mix all together in large bowl, chopping all to desired size in food. Then break into small kibbles and cook at 350 until crunchy and dry, but not burnt. Then, freeze un-used portion

Bad, or good idea? Think I need to add something else to my recipe? TELL ME!
    Sam
    I LOVE BANDIT AND JASPER!!!
    PM ME ON IDEAS FOR AGILITY TRAINING!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

This is my first time to learn this recipe and I want to try this one for our dog. For sure, they will love this food. Thank you.
    See more information about vets swale here.

Interesting idea. You have a very interesting mix of ingredients. I am sure that what is healthy for humans will also be healthy for dogs. But I am not sure if feeding dogs with home-made food will be enough to provide for their nutritional needs. They might still need to take vitamins or supplements for that.

+ Reply to Thread