raw bones or not.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: raw bones or not.

Question raw bones or not.

Im just starting changing my dogs and cats to a homemade diet. ive been reading a lot about it, but im really worried about giving raw bones, which ive read, is an essential part of the diet. Im not sure yet, if im going to do raw or cooked. but what would be the best supplements to give to replace the raw bones.

2. Remove Advertisements

Hi Barbs-I just joined the community we gave our black lab the soup bones from the butcher-you know the kind that come in a package of like 3-5 bones, and she loved them!! We then found out that the marrow bones (she was spoiled, the soup bones had a little meat on them) were better for the dog then the rawhides! When Sasha gets older I will do the same for her over a rawhide! I think a marrow or soup bone are great things for the dog!! Just check the bones for splinters-when your pup gets it where it starts getting sharp edges around the top/bottom give her a new bone (Lena went through two a month but she was a huge 120lb black lab!!) its just my opinion but I has lots of luck with the bones!! Good luck!!

I want to get my dog in shape to train her agility, and when i read the labels of food in the pet store, i almost puked. I need things that are nutritious for my dog, not chicken bone meal and beef by product. That scares me,

5. Remove Advertisements

Regarding puppy health

I recently bought a shih-tzu and I have a question regarding it's health. Are chewing toy bones right for a puppy dog?

+ Reply to Thread