Taking medication
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking medication

Taking medication

My dog is a bit of a pain when it comes to taking medication. With previous dogs I have hidden it in food or just pushed it into the back of the dogs mouth as shown by the vet. Neither works with this dog, she refuses food with medication in it and if I push it into her mouth she is usually sick shortly afterwards. Usually I can get her to take it wrapped in a piece of ham, but it is always a pain. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome please.

2. Remove Advertisements

I use peanut butter.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Have you tried one of those greenies pet pill things? That's supposed to help. I always did the wrapped in cheese, but that gave way to putting it inside a hot dog. There is a trick to giving the dog a pill though, and if you can learn it or get the vet to show you, it's pretty easy.

5. Remove Advertisements

Bill I like the idea of using peanut butter, I will try that. I had never considered that a dog would like peanut butter.

Thanks Bill, I will try peanut butter, she has never tasted it before as far as I know so it will be interesting to see how she responds.

My sister gives her dog peanut butter and she likes it. I think that this works well.

You can crush it and mix it up with something, or sprinkle it over something

+ Reply to Thread