Help
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Help

Hiya, I'm new to the forums. My partner and I bought our first rottie a week ago. She's 16 weeks old tomorrow. We are having trouble house training her. We've tried putting her in her crate as that worked when we trained our staff, now 16 months old. The problem is she is still messing in there and covering her bed. It doesn't seem to matter what we do or where we place her, she's still messing wherever she wants. Does anyone have any advice they could give please? Thank you in advance x

2. Remove Advertisements

I think you need t be taking her outside very frequently and praising her when she performs in the right place. Dogs are different and some take a lot longer to get it, but if you put in the effort you will get there in the end. I am wondering if the cage may be too big, but other people here have more experience than I do so see what they have to say. Good luck.

Ok, thank you. During the day she's pretty good and does outside and gets her rewards for doing so. It's mainly overnight and if we have to pop out. I'll try separating her crate down so that she has a smaller area.
    Thank you again for you're advice

5. Remove Advertisements

I think the smaller crate area may help, and the obvious making sure she goes out last thing, watch and make sure that she does what she needs to before bringing her back in and settling her down in the crate.

Thank you. We have now reduced her crate area and she is coming along slowly but surely thank you ever so much for your help

It is good that you are seeing some progress, keep up the good work, it will be worth all the effort in the end.

+ Reply to Thread