Puppy won't leave my bedroom
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puppy won't leave my bedroom

Puppy won't leave my bedroom

Hi all my Koopa (6wks mini foxy X cavileir) won't leave my room, the first 2 nights slept in the bathroom next to my room but constantly cried to the point it sounded like screaming so in fear of him wakeing my small children calmed him till he fell asleep again, I decided to put him in my room and since then he does not want to leave or follow me should I close the door as I think he feels safe in here and don't want him acting out we r trying to house train him but r not sure on the beat way to Handel the situation and are willing to trial any suggestion as we r quite relaxed family

2. Remove Advertisements

Is he happy outside the room during the rest of the day? We had a problem getting our puppy used to staying in his pen (a sectioned off area of our lounge which is essentially his own room), in the end we had to just let him cry (at the start he did this even when he could see us in the room with him), it's a horrible sound (he howled!), but slowly and surely he got used to it. We treated him and went to him as soon as he settled down (never go to a puppy if they're making a noise, it'll just teach them that making a noise gets your attention) so he learnt that we always came back. It took a while, but now he loves it in his pen and even when the gates open becuase we're at home he chooses to go in there and plays with his toys.

You'll get there - he's still getting used to being away from the litter. You could try giving him with a microwavable heat pad (it brings them comfort becasue it gives them wamth like the litter would have done). We never used one but I've got friends who swear by them.

Your puppy is very young. Too young to be taken away from his Mama. It is probably terrified. In the wild, puppies aren't left alone ever until they are nearly grown. Let him sleep in your room. He can smell you and hear you breathing and know that someone is there to protect him. I recommend getting him a crate to sleep in and the crate should be in the bedroom close to your bed. If you don't want a crate, just fix him a nice soft bed next to yours.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

5. Remove Advertisements

If you want to train him in your home then make a dairy that what are the activities which makes him happy and which ones sad. Note his activities properly. There are various books available to know more about pets and to train them at home and for more comforts you can refer to a good dog trainer.

I never had the courage to do that, try to be hard on the puppy. trying to nurture your pet, I passed a very difficult time. I know where I was wrong, if we leave out the fact that I'm a little dumb. mistake was that I do not have the courage to act harshly. sometimes have to do what you must because it exceeds vremea after some bad habits in my pet

Here are a few tips that will direct you to the right things

First of all, puppies and dogs love routines go give it to them. Your puppy must know that he will be let out at the same times everyday so that he can relieve himself. If you don't keep to a rigid schedule your puppy will simply be confused about what you expect of him and that is when accidents occur.

Second, if you are having trouble housebreaking your puppy, make sure you limit his access of the house. Keep him where someone can monitor him at all times, and if someone cannot keep an eye on him he needs to be kept in a crate. You could also tether him with a leash, but puppies can become entangled quickly.

Third, you have to make sure everyone in the house is aware of the puppy's potty times. If you go away for the weekend, you have to know that who ever is watching the dog will let him out at the scheduled time.

Most problems with housebreaking happen because family members are not on the same page as to what to do with the dog. This not only frustrates the owner, but also really frustrates the dog.

Share these free tips for housebreaking puppies with the family members involved in training and make sure they understand how important it is.

Really True

Well Brendi, Dogs really love routine and hence they must be trained for it, my suggestion would be to talk to professional regarding this as they can give you better solutions. My cousin has used the dog training services of Boom Towne in Farmington, New York and she said that she found quite good results from here. For more information you can visit site i.e http://www.boomtowne.com. Hope this is helpful !
    Last edited by mishheljane2o; 02-12-2013 at 09:03 AM.

I once had a dog that would not go when on the leash. I know it may not be possible to follow this advice if you have to take your dog outside where there are leash laws, but if possible try to have the dog on an extendible leash so that it can get a little further away from you. That was all it took to solve the problem with that dog.
    You can join us for best 642-883 dump training solutions. Our SAP contains all those materials you want to pass for real University of California, San Diego exam & Youtube training.

+ Reply to Thread