question about crate training
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about crate training

question about crate training

Hi everyone. I have a 7 week old female puppy. I rescued her and am trying to crate train her. She does very well about going outside to potty, very well. I couldn't ask for better. Anyway, she was so little that the crate I have her in was like a mansion for her. At first I noticed she was peeing in the crate, she has never pooped in it. So I thought since she was already peeing in it, I should put a puppy pad in it so at least she would go on that. Well, I was told that I was REALLY REALLY wrong for doing that and that I was teaching her to pee in the crate. I was told to block off the other end of the crate so she couldnt get to it. Only giving her enough room to stand, turn around and lay down. The first night was a success, but last night and three times today she peed and layed in it I take her out every thirty minutes to potty. So I guess I am just confused as to what to do now. I keep her on a very well balanced schedule as far as eating, playing, potty times so I dont understand whats going wrong. Is she just too young to hold it? Any advice or tips would be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements

Well, when dd or dh puts him in his crate, he yowls and barks like someone is pulling his toenails off so crate training is not going well. It WAS ...
    We offer guaranteed success for lean six sigma exam with help of latest colostate.edu certification and practice questions and the exams of fit.edu ccie security

I am curious about crate training. I recently had to bring my dog over to my mom's house and I had to put him on a crate and get him to use pads. It was his first time to be in one and now I could imagine how foreign and unsettling that must have been. I wish I knew better so I could have prepared him better for it. He's a really nice dog and I am glad that he's well taken cared of at my mom's house.

+ Reply to Thread