New here. >.^
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill

Thread: New here. >.^

Question New here. >.^

Hi I'm new here. I'm Chrisie and my pup's name is Nanna. Our dog gave birth to 5 puppies and we decided to keep 3 of them and give the 2 to relatives.

Nanna's only 6 weeks old and I'm having a hard time. She still doesn't know her name. How can I teach her her name and how old can I start training her? She doesn't even have teeth yet..

2. Remove Advertisements

Whether you know it or not or whether you mean to, training starts at birth. The puppy learns with every experience. I suggest you get a good book in clicker training and begin clicker training all the pups. They are not to young to learn basic stuff now. She can learn her name and simple behaviors like sit, down, etc.

To teach her name, say her name in a normal tone of voice. When she looks at you, click & treat. Very quickly she will look at you everytime she hears her name. I like to teach that saying their name means "come here".
    Nanna likes this.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

I tried giving her treats but she can't even eat them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Give her small soft treats.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Hi Chrisie
    At 6 weeks old I would use cooked chicken for treats she should be able to eat that ... stand in frount of her and say her name nana as soon as she looks at you give her a piece of chicken ( small piece )and she will soon get to know her name.. you can use this with the sit as soon as she puts het botttom down on the floor say sit and then give her a treat .. you didnt say what breed she is? hope this is helpful Pauline

+ Reply to Thread