Our corner of the world
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our corner of the world

Our corner of the world

Hello! My name is Brittany. I'm 25 and live in Idaho with my boyfriend, Brandon. No kids, but Brandon has 2 from a previous marriage.
    Our furbabies are Melody (19mo black German Shepherd), Ayshah (9yo cat), and Weeble (2yo cat). Mel's biggest problem is that she really, really wants to be friends and play with the kitties. She doesn't understand that her friendly body language is interpreted as scary by the girlies. She's learning to leave them be, though.
    I work as a dental assistant when I'm not running my own business. I create custom scrapbook albums for those who want the ability to have their memories recorded but don't have the time/desire/interest/whatever in doing it themselves. (Plus, they don't have to buy all the tools and use up precious space in their house storing supplies!)
    In my *rare* spare time, I like to read, watch some tv, cook/bake, scrapbook for myself, and attempt some sleep!
    264612_10150279765925102_171584380101_7209136_930382_n.jpg Here's Mel at the shelter- this is the picture that made me fall in love with her! Poor skinny little girl.
    DSCF9722.jpg Here she is a few days later at home- sooo happy to come home with me!
    DSCF9796.jpg This is Weeble. She's quite the princess!
    DSCF5692a.jpg Ayshie staring down a neighbor kitty last winter.
    DSCF9929.jpg Oh, and here we are in Vegas a couple of weeks ago.

2. Remove Advertisements

Hello Brittany, Melody looks lovely but the poor girl was so thin when you got her. The cats will get used to her given time, it usually takes a few weeks for ours to accept a new member of the family.

Welcome Brittany, I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your pets. Melody is very lucky to have found a loving home with you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Hi Brittany! Thanks for sharing the pictures; they're great! Dogs and kitties can be great friends, but like you intimated, there is a learning curve. However, as the kitties age, they'll give her the message .... uh, swipe! Arf! (ouch! my nose) lol

+ Reply to Thread