New to the forum and to dogs as well!!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the forum and to dogs as well!!!

New to the forum and to dogs as well!!!

Just wanted to go into a little more detail than I did in the Introduce Yourself forum.

My name is Charles and I am 51 years old. I live with my spouse in Knoxville, TN.

As far as pets are concerned, there are 7 cats and our newest addition, a 13 week old Boxer / Golden Retriever mix puppy we named Sarah.

Both my wife and I are retired. I got Sarah to get me to be more active. We haven't had any place prior to this one that had enough space to have a dog. When we moved in here a month ago, my wife finally relented and allowed me to get Sarah.

As far as my spare time goes, we are living in a 70 year old house so there is no such thing as spare time.

My username is my name so that is kind of obvious.

This is Sarah. She is an 11 week old Boxer / Golden Retriever mix.

1f968389-1.jpg
    Last edited by charles; 10-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

The eldest cat in our household is Miss Izzy followed by Maggie. Maggie is mother to the next 3 cats, Scamp, Mischief, and Charley respectively.

MissIzzy.jpgMaggie.jpgScamp.jpgMischief.jpgCharley.jpg

We have the two newest cats in the household Pixel and Pollux.

Pixel.jpgPollux.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements

Welcome Charles. I have been retired for 10 years and highly recommend it. Sarah is a cutie. I have 2 Great Danes and 2 cats.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Syn
    Hello Charles,

I am so happy for you to have Sarah, she is beautiful. I have a little farm dog, a Rat Terrier, Buster, and 6 cats. I have three inside/outside (Alice, Jacob, & Jasper) that rule the house and three feral that I take care of as well. They are guite wild but take care of mice, snakes, etc... I am happy that you found us here. If you have any questions or conserns, we would love to help.
    women and cats will do as they please,
    men and dogs need to get used to the fact.

Hello Charles, Welcome to the forum, Sarah looks beautiful and I loved the pictures of the cats, you must have a very busy life looking after your family of pets.

We do have a pretty busy time keeping up with all the animals. It doesn't help that we are living in a 70 year old house that is in need of renovation.

I have two big issues with Sarah right now. One issue is Sarah has a bad case of separation anxiety right now. Part of the problem is due to my wife and I being at home 95% of the time. This has led to some inappropriate jumping and nipping at my pant legs which is the other issue we are having with Sarah. I have tried to ignore this behavior but it is difficult to do sometimes because my legs are sometimes attached to where she is nipping. I have also tried "yelping" when she nips without success.

She usually starts jumping and nipping when we are heading back to the house from our walks. It is like she wants to spend every waking moment with me.

I think I am doing all the right things but need to continue with what I am doing. I guess the question I have for you all is there something else I should be doing or am I doing something I should not be doing????

Thanks to you all.

Welcome, Charles and Sarah! I'm so glad you have such a cute dog to pal around with in your quest to be fit. Dogs are such a joy!!

+ Reply to Thread