Do you feed your pets table scraps?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you feed your pets table scraps?

Do you feed your pets table scraps?

I do not have dogs but do admit that our cats get table food from time to time. Just beef and chicken. And our one cat loves ice cream and cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements

No very much anymore. I will on rare occasions but I make sure my dogs don't get into that begging habit. Mostly I give them carrots as treats and the stuff from the table I might give them is placed later in their bowls, versus them sitting by me waiting for it.

They get scraps (where there is some) but never from the table. I hand out leftovers while cleaning the dishes at the kitchen sink.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

5. Remove Advertisements

My dogs are the "prewash" cycle for dishwashing. Once we are done eating we let the dogs lick all the dishes clean (they gotta work for it though!)....
    Bill likes this.
    Natalie Feeding raw since 2008

Dedicated to proper carnivore nutrition http://preymodelraw.com/

Never from the table, but I do save suitable scraps for her. I am quite strict about anyone giving her extra things to eat, I hate it when dogs beg for food. I dread to think what her previous owners gave her because when she first came to us she didn't eat well at all, but she would steal cake from a plate if she got the chance - we soon put a stop to that!

I do sometimes, but I save the food to put into her bowl, I never feed her bits while I am eating and she knows that. Even thinking about food makes her drool and that would put me of my food.

There aren't usually any scraps left from my table [just me and my other half here]. The only time they get anything that was meant for human plates is if I misjudge when serving and something ends up on the floor by accident, well correction, Ruby usually gets it before it even hits the floor............

I don't like to give the dogs table scraps. I will occasionally give them fat that I've trimmed off of the meat before cooking eat or I'll drain the grease from bacon/burgers/etc straight into their food dish. My girls are trying to sabotage the whole table scraps thing though because they try to sneak the dogs food from their plates. LOL

That sounds like a key to me, never giving them the scraps at the table. That invites the bad habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrymain View Post
    That sounds like a key to me, never giving them the scraps at the table. That invites the bad habits.
    Yes it does make for a bad habit. My sisters dog gets them once in a while but has to wait until everyone is done eating before she gets them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast