Hershey Graduated
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shihtzumom
  • 1 Post By shihtzumom

Thread: Hershey Graduated

Hershey Graduated

IMG_5347.jpgIMG_5354.jpgIMG_5355.jpg
    Hershey graduated today and did very well, even did a long down first time doing it, did "leave it" with a open hand 3 times without missing. So proud of my boy
    Stephanie likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

I bet you are proud, that's fantastic news, so great to read. Well done to BOTH of you!!

thank you Stephanie, will continue training on what he learned in puppy obedience class and then go back in September when classes resume,he already does well walking on a leash and knows his stop and heel commands, we will perfect his sit as he will have to do a 3 minute sit to be a therapy dog. I was very proud of his long down stay today so we will work on that, I have been putting him in a down stay and backing away from further each time and telling him to come. Leave it is easy for him he learned that quickly
    PetParent likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

That is so interesting, you are putting Hershey in for a therapy dog - how lovely. I would love have to done this training with Ruby [the first dog in my signature], she has a fantastic temperment with people and children, but sadly the people that run the organisation over here insist that I show vaccination records, [ I do not vac my dogs] and titre tests will not suffice, sighhhhhh.....still things may change in the future, I sure hope so for the health of our dogs.

It's for the same reason that I cannot take the professional dog courses/awards that are run over here by the Kennel Club. There are 2 schools near me that run them and neither of them will take my dogs because I can't show any vac paperwork...........more sighhhhhhs........

The long sit/stay is such a hard thing, my Jakey - collie x can do it but he is one of 2 dogs in the whole class that manages to stay even when other dogs decide they have had enough and get up. Ruby, bless her, for months we have been working on it, she finds it so hard to be away from me. She can stay if Jakey is with her, but on her own I can just about get to the end of her lead before she is up on her feet again.......

So again, congrats on your achievements. I so look forward to reading about how his training progresses in the future.

Congrats to you and Hershey both. I bet you are extremely proud of him. It is such a great feeling when your pet accomplishes something is it not?

Thank You, yes I am very proud of Hershey, we will be going back in September to continue our training

Congrats to you & Hershey. I've been thinking about putting Jasper in a puppy obidience class but I don't drive so I can't right now. Hopefully soon I'll have my car back (its in the shop) & I'll be able to take him.
    Last edited by phoenyxstarr; 07-09-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Major typo... Thanks for pointing out Stephanie!

Have you entered him yet though? I know here our classes fill up fast, and most let up for the summer and resume in september, it will be the most fun you will have with your puppy, its amazing how quickly they learn and as long as you do your homework week to week between classes so they retain what they learned in class its most rewarding. Hershey is 8 mos old and when I say "hershey Come" he is right there I Love it even when the other dogs are out there playing he will leave the pack to come to me I find that awesome! My trainer believes in everything positive and I have to agree with her as I see it in my puppy.

+ Reply to Thread