Buddys MAD HOUR!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buddys MAD HOUR!!

Smile Buddys MAD HOUR!!

Hi all, Buddy is settling in nicely, a LONG way to go with the mouthing, are at moment replacing hand with toy, yelping and walking away. Now I know this is normal but he goes frantic for about an hour every evening.Runs the length of garden then into house, dives over furniture, nipping at anything in sight.All the toy displacements wont work.We are playing with him regularly in the day, to use up his energy.Has anyone else has this happen..it lasts so long.He is not approachable! Am counting days (18) until I can take him out!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

He is not getting enough exercise. Why are you waiting 18 days to take him out? What breed is he? Age?
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

buddys mad hour

Hi, I am playing with him in between his naps. He is rarely still in between. The reason we arent able to take him out is because at 10 weeks old he only had his first injection yesterday.The next one is in two weeks time, then we have been told by vet we can take him out 4 days after that,his second injection.Have carried him around, but he is getting so big now, wants to get down.He is a beardie x lurcher, was 2.7. , last night was 7.7 , so he is going to be one big lively dog.Wish I could take him out now.The garden is getting smaller for us both!

5. Remove Advertisements

Take him out now. Vets can be way over protective. Don't know why. Puppies need to be taken out for socialization. They need to get as much as possible befor turning 16 weeks old and the socialization window closes. Its MUCH MUCH more difficult to socialize a puppy after 16 weeks and some never properly socialize after that age. Back in the days I was a trainer, I had LOTS of puppies as young as 8 weeks in my classes. Never had any problems with any getting sick from any of those diseases that they are vaccinated for. For a couple of years, I taught classes at the 2nd bussiest PetsMart in the country. On Saturdays, we often had 50 or 100 adoption dogs in the store. Also had classes. Never had a problem.

If you understand how the immune system and vaccinations work, you would see that its pretty difficult for a puppy to catch one of those diseases.

If you can get him to run and chase a ball during his exercise periods, it would help tire him out. The more you can get him to run on grass the better it will be.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

He will get better if you keep him busier, but puppies do tend to be a bit 'mad' at times.

+ Reply to Thread