pls help us gain control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pls help us gain control

pls help us gain control

I need help with training my sweet 1.6lbs Yorkie. She is sweetest personality and loves to play. We brought her home on Xmas eve. We were told by the breeder not to crate her but to keep her in a pet pen. She has her bed, pee pad,food and toys. The first few nights were rough. She is now used to sleeping at night in her pet pen. Loves to go in there to eat and sleep through out the day. My problem is due to us all being home her first week, she has gotten used to only being in her pet pen when sleeping and getting out as soon as she cries. We are now back to work and school schedule. My brother lives with me and plays with her in the morning and then lets her sleep in pen. Then checks on her every 30 min. when she is up, he takes her out to play again until my kids are home from school and they take over. It is now getting to be to much for my brother bc he is in school and needs to get things done. My question is if we plan a schedule of play vs rest in pet pen through out the day only leaving her in the pen for no more than 2 hrs at a time will she be ok? Sounds silly but it is my first time having a dog so small and have to watch for blood sugar issues I'm told. Don't want her to be stressed to where she doesn't eat however we have no freedom at all. She barks and cries for awhile if you don't come. We need advice on how to easy her into our schedule. What are tips to make this easier for Lexi but giving my bro more time during the day.

2. Remove Advertisements

She is not all that fragile. Put her on most any schedule you want to, just do it gradually. Have brother check on her every 45 minutes for a few days, then once an hour for a few days then and hour and a half for a few day, etc until you get the schedule you want. Don't dedicate your life to pampering this dog because you stress yourself to keep her from getting stressed. If she barks and/or cries, ignore it. Don't let her learn what she has to do to get out of the pen.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Quote Originally Posted by loveforlexi View Post
    I need help with training my sweet 1.6lbs Yorkie. She is sweetest personality and loves to play. We brought her home on Xmas eve. We were told by the breeder not to crate her but to keep her in a pet pen. She has her bed, pee pad,food and toys. The first few nights were rough. She is now used to sleeping at night in her pet pen. Loves to go in there to eat and sleep through out the day. My problem is due to us all being home her first week, she has gotten used to only being in her pet pen when sleeping and getting out as soon as she cries. We are now back to work and school schedule. My brother lives with me and plays with her in the morning and then lets her sleep in pen. Then checks on her every 30 min. when she is up, he takes her out to play again until my kids are home from school and they take over. It is now getting to be to much for my brother bc he is in school and needs to get things done. My question is if we plan a schedule of play vs rest in pet pen through out the day only leaving her in the pen for no more than 2 hrs at a time will she be ok? Sounds silly but it is my first time having a dog so small and have to watch for blood sugar issues I'm told. Don't want her to be stressed to where she doesn't eat however we have no freedom at all. She barks and cries for awhile if you don't come. We need advice on how to easy her into our schedule. What are tips to make this easier for Lexi but giving my bro more time during the day.
    I think you should make a appropriate diet chart and schedule for her, make her do as per the schedule any how, her diet should depends on her regular choirs and you should also train her well.
    Dogs are smart and loyal pets

5. Remove Advertisements

I want to help and learn more about the puppies and training, I search
    whenever I have the time I want to share it with you

Crating is one method to housebreak a puppy. Pick out a dog crate which is sufficient enough for your puppy to stand and turn around within. Provide the crate or kennel with a comfortable and easy-to-clean blanket or other form of dog bedding. Take into account that accidents may occur and if they do, don't spank your puppy or shove their nose in "it". Just clean-out the kennel and then use a nontoxic cleansing solution in order to neutralize the odour.

Begin crate training a Yorkie when they are approximately 8 weeks old. Never force the puppy into their dog crate instead make use of puppy treats to entice it into the kennel. You can also conceal treats within the kennel, creating a game of hide and seek to help your puppy feel comfortable in his or her own crate. A favourite dog toy can substitute for the doggie snacks when your new puppy has grown familiar with his or her crate. You should not close the entrance of the crate or kennel in the beginning. Once your doggie is using their dog crate on their own accord, shut the door for a short time period in the beginning then
    raise the time. Be sure to take your new puppy outside to go potty during times he or she would normally have to go to the toilet, for instance right after eating. Soon, your Yorkshire Terrier will likely be telling you when they have to go out.

+ Reply to Thread