A quick question...
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A quick question...

A quick question...

So I've got a little five month old chihuahua mix that I'm trying to train as per the training guide that's on the website. I'm currently trying to get him to learn the down command (he's got the sit command down), but I've run into a little snag. We have an all-tile house, and while he'll sit on the tile, he refuses to lay down on it. He'll follow a treat down to the ground when he's on a rug or blanket, but I can't get him to do it on tile. How can I get him to do this on tile, or will he lay down anywhere once he's mastered the command?

2. Remove Advertisements

I don't have my dogs "down" in a place with a slippery floor where they will have trouble getting back up. I don't even have them sit on a slippery floor. I move them to a rug and have them do it.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

My personal suggestion would be to find a spot on the tile that's in a sunny patch. My 8 mo old mixes love to sun themselves and since I'm in a desert climate, I too have a house without carpet. I found that if we train in a sunny patch it's warmer and more comfortable for them on the tile surface.

+ Reply to Thread