Vanishing posts?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanishing posts?

Vanishing posts?

I posted a new thread yesterday and when I looked today it had vanished, has this happened to anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements

Yes. In the course of participating, I think at least 10 of my posts have vanished into thin air, though they are mostly replies and not new threads. Cyberspace is just a tricky thing, you know. It does odd things no matter where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    I posted a new thread yesterday and when I looked today it had vanished, has this happened to anyone else?
    Give me some more information and I'll see if I can run it down. What forum was it in? What was the title. Approx what date and time did you make the post? Did you see it and then it disappeared or did you never see it? Did you get a notice saying it would be held up pending approval of a moderator?(you shouldn't have).
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

5. Remove Advertisements

Thanks Bill. I posted it on Wednesday evening after 9.30pm (UK time) I think it was in the general dog training chat and the title was something like 'a one person dog?'. If it doesn't turn up I will post it again, but I appreciate you looking into it for me.

Well, I checked all around several different ways and I can find no evidence any post you made about a one person dog or anything similar on or close to the past Wednesday. Sorry ... I don't know what happened.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Bill, as someone who has frequented many forums just for the sake of fun, I can assure you that posts go missing all the time. I usually don't worry about one or two here or there. It's when it starts happening to everyone or to a bigger number that there is something to worry about. :}

I haven't lost anything as far as I know, but I hope Kernow re-lists that post, it sounds interesting.

Thanks Bill. I don't know what happened but I will post it again. Thanks for looking.

Cyberspace: the land of the lost. It happens with email all the time, too. Overall, it's probably a small percentage, though.

+ Reply to Thread