Los Angeles Barking Ordinance
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Los Angeles Barking Ordinance

Los Angeles Barking Ordinance

I heard on the news tonight that Los Angeles is on the verge of clarifying and making strict barking ordinances. Ten minutes of barking at one time or intermittent within a 30 minute period is fineable. 1st fine $250, 2nd $500, 3rd $1000 and after that, they could take the dog from the owner to the pound.

2. Remove Advertisements

I am so glad I no longer live in the Los Angeles area. That is nuts!!!
    I'm MultiTasking and I can't get up!!!

I guess I have mixed feelings about that. Something has to be done to deal with problem owners who don't care about their dogs barking, but if someone is breaking into my house or persistently ringing my door bell when I am out, then my dog will bark!

5. Remove Advertisements

I'm not fond of it, either. There are reasons, like what you said, and what if you are gone and just unaware, or what if you have a crappy neighbor? There is, however, some part of this that required witnesses, but I'm not sure how that works.

It seems like a very heavy handed way of dealing with a small minority of problem pet owners.

Syn
    Maybe they should do something about ALL the other noise(s). Loud cars, honking horns, people talking loudly, music up full blast.

It seems to me, that the dogs just want to be heard above the noise.
    Rob likes this.
    women and cats will do as they please,
    men and dogs need to get used to the fact.

Syn you are absolutely right! My neighbours dog barks but it doesn't bother me because it barks for a reason. The things that get to me are cars with loud radios booming outside my house, children kicking footballs against the shutters of the shop opposite my home, car alarms going off the list could go on and on!

I am very biased because I had a barking situation with crummy neighbors who had no understanding with my dog. I should forgive them, but I swear, I'm just still upset by all the hassle I went through. People talk, dogs bark ... that's life!

That is true Orrymain, but when you find yourself living next to constantly barking dogs with owners that don't care you really have a problem. Personally I am more often disturbed by cats outside fighting at night than by dogs barking.

I would agree that if owners just don't care, that's a different thing. My issues were due to an aging dog who was grieving at the same time. I did all I could, but the neighbors had zip in understanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast