Letting your dog give you kisses - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Letting your dog give you kisses

Quote Originally Posted by Orrymain View Post
    I leave it up to the guests, who you tend to know very fast how they feel about dogs. I don't just let my dogs push people around, so to speak.
    I expect my pets to have good manners with guests, I don't like my doge to jump up or to be over fussy, but my guests know that I have pets and I am not going to shut the animals away to please anyone. Most of my friends love animals and Lucy enjoys lots of attention.

2. Remove Advertisements

I grew up with my mom sharing her food with her dog... I don't mean eating what she wanted & then putting the plate on the floor for him to clean. I mean she would take a bite, then feed the dog a bite from her fork, and then take another bite. It made my stomach turn & for that reason, I cannot stand to have a dog in my face or even in the room when I'm eating. So I don't let the dogs lick my face. I can handle licking my hands or arms but my feet are off limits. I guess I'm a bit odd like that.

As for guests, we're still working with Rocky not to jump & Jasper not to walk out the door whenever it is opened so they are usually put up when someone comes over. With Rocky as big as he is, I just feel safer with him put up especially if the guests are children.

Just, that's pretty much what I'm saying. There is a balance that I like to achieve.

5. Remove Advertisements

When it comes to guests our dog is well behaved and one cat beats a hasty retreat when he sees strangers, but the other cat wanders in takes a look at them and parks himself on their lap. Training dogs is one thing but training cats is practically impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Justontime View Post
    When it comes to guests our dog is well behaved and one cat beats a hasty retreat when he sees strangers, but the other cat wanders in takes a look at them and parks himself on their lap. Training dogs is one thing but training cats is practically impossible!
    Have you heard that saying, 'dogs have masters and cats have servants'

Bill likes this.

It's an act of submissive behaviour, so your dog licking your face is a positive sign! However not to everyones taste.
    Personnaly I don't like my dogs licking me, purely because I watch them throughout the day picking up all kinds in the park/garden, drinking dirty water and licking their backsides- that is not something I then want on my face!!
    Each to their own

Then of course there is doggy breath, even with a very good diet it is not something I wish to experience right in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Then of course there is doggy breath, even with a very good diet it is not something I wish to experience right in my face.
    Fed a proper diet, dogs don't have "doggy breath". My dog's breath has no odor to it at all.
    kernow likes this.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

I know you are right Bill, my friend feeds an entirely raw diet and her dogs have 'perfect' breath. Meg who was mostly raw fed wasn't so bad to be honest but some of my friends dogs could knock you over with their breath.

My two goldens, before I began feeding raw, had breath that would clear a room. The vet even commented on it several times but within a week of raw feeding, the breath was very fresh. Their terribly yellowed teeth were pearly white within a month. The vet had been after me to get them cleaned for 3 years but I kept putting it off. When she saw them after beginning raw, she was amazed. She wanted to know how I got them so white. Nuff bragging ... carry on.
    Justontime likes this.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast