Letting your dog give you kisses
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Letting your dog give you kisses

Letting your dog give you kisses

Since our two dogs are members of our family, we let them give us kisses, which generally means letting them lick all over our faces including our lips. I have heard that this can be unhealthy for the owner, though. Do you let your dogs kiss you or do you think it's disgusting?

2. Remove Advertisements

I'm not one to make a big deal out of germs- AND I raw feed my dogs.
    That being said, I do teach my dogs "kisses" and will allow them to lick my face with the command. I know a lot of people do not like this, and that's why I never allow or encourage it unless they've been invited, I wouldn't want them getting the bright idea with company.
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I wouldn't want such kisses from anyone else's dog....
    Bill likes this.

For decades, I have enjoyed thousands of doggie kisses. I could not live without them!
    Bill likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

I don't let them lick my face other than that I am fairly relaxed about licking, but I know that a lit of people don't like it so I have not encouraged it.

Can't put your face too close to a boxer, you are guaranteed to get it covered in kisses!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loves doggie kisses, lol. But I also try to discourage our dogs from kissing other people's faces. It's not easy though. Labs love everybody!

I am not a fan, sorry. I judt dont want a dog licking me when he licks particular parts of his body..ha plus, some guests do not like it so i discourage Gunnie boy from licking. He gets a quick lick in every once in awhile though

I agree Chrlys4th, I don't like licking especially on the face, it hasn't really ever been something I had to discourage, I just didn't encourage it.

I think that sums it up kernow, it is not something I encourage and I make sure they don't lick my face, but I love dogs and I am not going to scold them for a natural and friendly response.

I leave it up to the guests, who you tend to know very fast how they feel about dogs. I don't just let my dogs push people around, so to speak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast