Puppy pads - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy pads

Those of you who use the puppy pads under the cat box... Is there something on them that would draw an animal to it to relieve itself? Or is it more of a placing the pad where you know the animal will go?

2. Remove Advertisements

I use them under the litter tray because one of my cats will not use the tray with the top cover on so we have to have the tray open. Occasionally he doesn't quite aim straight and the wee goes over the side. The puppy pads catch the spil and are quick and easy to dispose of. I get them from our local £1 shop so they do not prove too expensive.

So it's more of a catch all. I'll have to check them out because we have 3 male cats & I know they miss occasionally.

5. Remove Advertisements

Yeah, I think of them as just a safety factor that can't hurt and sometimes help with sloppy situations. No cats here, but they can come in handy.

One of my cats gets very travel sick so I use a puppy pad in his carrier, when he is sick I can stop and replace the pad and bag up the mess before the cat gets covered in it. He only ever goes two miles to the vet but he is sick every time!

When I picked up Jake from breeder she said it wasn't a good idea because you are telling the pup it's ok to potty in the house. Out of curiousity I did try them.......all he did was play with it like a blankie. No more puppy pads here. I been watching him and taking him out every couple hrs and as soon as he wakes up from nap.
    Last edited by CAgirl718; 07-04-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAgirl718 View Post
    When I picked up Jake from breeder she said it wasn't a good idea because you are telling the pup it's ok to potty in the house. Out of curiousity I did try them.......all he did was play with it like a blankie. No more puppy pads here. I been watching him and taking him out every couple hrs and as soon as he wakes up from nap.
    That is a much better option than puppy pads and I think your puppy will be house trained a lot quicker because you don't use puppy pads.

Quote Originally Posted by CAgirl718 View Post
    That really does make sense. My sister uses them and sometimes the dog does go all over the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12