Golden Retrievers - What are the general house rules for you and your pet? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Retrievers - What are the general house rules for you and your pet?

My mom was horrible with the dogs. Her biggest mistake? She began this ritual of giving the dogs 3 biscuits every time they came into the house. I told her not to, but she didn't listen. Can you guess what started happening? Yep, my very smart beagle started demanding to go outside, where she'd stay for all of 1 minute before insisting on coming back in for, yep, biscuits. It was pitiful. lol

2. Remove Advertisements

Orrymain that just shows how important it is to think about what we are doing and to remember that dogs learn quickly ( bad things as well as good) so it is very important to be sensible and consistent.

You know I sometimes think that they learn bad habits far more quickly than they learn good things!

5. Remove Advertisements

That is very true, and they learn from each other. If you bring a new dog into a home and your 'old' dog has bad habits, believe me, new will learn from old!

If we don't think things through they are very quick to exploit a situation.

Orrymain, I guess you shouldn't leave your dogs with your mother then. Just like with our children, they tend to be spoiled when staying long with the olds.

Debra that is true in a way. My mum would spoil my dog (and my kids) more than I do, but whenever I have asked to do or not do something because it conflicts with the way I do things she has always respected that. My Children and my pets adore their 'grandparents' and there is no one in the world I would trust more than them to take care of them when I am not around.

That is true for me too, my pets love my parents and my brother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12