How did you aquire your dog(s)?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you aquire your dog(s)?

Syn

How did you aquire your dog(s)?

Once again, I am courious.... How did you come about your dog(s)?

I moved into a rental house, and the people next door breed Rat Terriers. I didn't like that they had them ALL running around together, which lead to alot of (male) dog fights. She had tried placing the one male a few times, but he became a flight risk and bitter.

One day when I came home from work he was in my yard, I took him back to them, with no worries.
    But he just came back, everyday. So we would have dinner, a sleep over and breakfast, then I would place him back over the fence.
    This went on for weeks.

Finally I received a certified letter in the mail, (I had to sign for it). Inside was his tags, health records, and a signed registeration. A note saying, "Please don't put him back over the fence, that little dog loves you."

I've had him 6 years now, never a flight risk, I leave the gate open all the time, he never goes out of it. He's never offered to bit ANYONE. A great, wonderful little man. I am blessed to have him.

DSCN0219.jpg023.jpg
    women and cats will do as they please,
    men and dogs need to get used to the fact.

2. Remove Advertisements

Awww, that's a great story Syn. We got Ruby & Jakey out of rescue. Roddy came to us as a foster dog but the poor boy had so many 'issues' to sort out that it was a good 5-6 months before he was anywhere near suitable for rehoming by which time we had fallen hopelessly inlove with him and couldn't let him go!

Here he is, my naughty, gorgeous Roddy:

I got both my dogs through rescue. Abby was abandoned in the woods when she was about 9 months. I got her at 1 year. She's now 11. Thor was born in rescue and I got him at 12 weeks. He's now 6 1/2. One of my two cats was a pound cat and the other I got from my son who somehow got too many cats.
    Bill

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace. - Milan Kundera

5. Remove Advertisements

Syn
    I love the face of Boxers they're just so honest. He's a handsome boy. Is this your "let me swollow it whole, I'll taste it later" boy?

I also have cats, several feral, but three that come and go as they please.

My mom still brings up the time I told her, I was never going to have kids, I would adopt. So many no one wants. My best friend lived in an orphanage. She says she is proud that I kept to my word, even though her grandkids are all four legged.

Hi to All Of You ,
    This is my first post(NEWBIE) here. It warms my heart to see all of you getting your pets through RESCUE!!! That's what I do!!! I am a foster parent through my rescue shelter. As you can tell (by my name) I LOVE GOLDENS!!! My rescue takes in ALL BREEDS(I've only had 1 golden...BOO).But....I have 2 of my own(both are RESCUES).WE are a No-Kill shelter.NOT ALL SHELTERS ARE!!! I look forward to talking with you later(at some point)
    Take Care....LUVMYGOLDNZ(PAULA)

DON'T SHOP...ADOPT!!!!!

Both of our dogs are rescues as well. We got our Rottie/Chow from a shelter in Kentucky and our Beagle/Whippet? because the girl I share an office with was fostering her. Of course, I just wanted to "take a look"... you know how that goes.... then we thought we'd just "try her out with Thor".... never looked back - Shelby is a great addtion to the family and my little obedience rock star!! Thor visits hospice patients with me and they both take obedience classes. When you see them do so well and have such a meaningful life, I find it even more rewarding when they are rescues (someone's "throw aways"). I love them both so much!DSC04035.jpg

I am such a bad mummy, here are my other 2.....................

Ruby on the day we collected her - she was 8kg underweight

Jakey in his cage at the RSPCA rescue [we had to visit him 3 times before we could take him] He was 6kg overweight:

They are both their proper weights now:

Syn
    [QUOTE=Stephanie;1888]I am such a bad mummy, here are my other 2.....................

Hello "bad mummy"

They all look wonderful. To find them skin and bones, it just breaks my heart. you are a great mummy!!!

Hey Bill, where are your pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    They all look wonderful. To find them skin and bones, it just breaks my heart. you are a great mummy!!!

Thanks Syn. I love rescue dogs, especially ones with issues, I find it so rewarding to be able to make a difference to their lives and hopefully make it better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Hey Bill, where are your pictures?
    Yes, I want to see pics of Bills dogs too..............

Fell in love with him while 'looking' at puppies for a friend who'd lost her dog! Collected him in my cat basket. Pic shows his first day with me, 8 weeks old

ist day (2).jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast